Plugin Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAS_warrior

Explorer
Hi Gents,

I would like to know what is causing some of plugins to not work well on my FreeNAS-11.2-MASTER-201806240435.
NextCloud, BackupPC and BRU server does not start or open the management interface page after install.
Probably some of others plugin too.
Does anyone can advise me what is the reason and how to fix it?

kdragon75

Wizard
The reason may be that your running a beta version of FreeNAS. I'm just taking shots in the dake as that's the only real information you have provided.

D

dlavigne

Any errors in /var/log/messages when they fail to start? Did you make the plugins using the new UI or were these previously made on an earlier version of FreeNAS?

NAS_warrior

Explorer
Any errors in /var/log/messages when they fail to start? Did you make the plugins using the new UI or were these previously made on an earlier version of FreeNAS?

Hi dlavigne! Will be glad if you tell me where to look for this logs. Are you sure they are exactly there - "/var/log/messages"?
I have install the plugins via new UI interface. They are completely not visible through standard UI.
I may revert to stable version if this actually works, but I have moved to night builds as the plugins was acting this way.
I can order new server for testing in few days if necessary.

NAS_warrior

Explorer
Just an update...
As pointed in the subject I was running a night-file "beta" version.
I'd moved to standard FreeNAS-11.1-U5.
What this bring?
  1. SMARTD service stopped without visible reason. It was running always without issues. (have to check the logs why)
  2. The only plugin I'd managed to run proper now disappears from "installed" list. Understandable, but annoying. The process is still active, never mind how many restarts you do.
  3. From the other hand, the bridge and IP of the bridge attached previously to the plugin stay.
  4. Page "Control Services" not working and throws ant error:
    Exception Type: OperationalError
    Exception Value: no such column: services_afp.afp_srv_homedir_enable
    Exception Location: ./freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py in locked_retry, line 389
  5. Some additional fun still exist as the

D

dlavigne

SMARTD service stopped without visible reason. It was running always without issues. (have to check the logs why)

Refer to the Known Issues section of https://www.ixsystems.com/blog/library/freenas-11-1-u5/ for the work around.

Page "Control Services" not working and throws ant error:
Exception Type: OperationalError
Exception Value: no such column: services_afp.afp_srv_homedir_enable
Exception Location: ./freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py in locked_retry, line 389

That sounds like you're reusing a config created on a nightly and bad things happen when you do that.

NAS_warrior

Explorer
Refer to the Known Issues section of https://www.ixsystems.com/blog/library/freenas-11-1-u5/ for the work around.

That sounds like you're reusing a config created on a nightly and bad things happen when you do that.
Unfortunately I don't. I did clean install and the volume mount itself.
Tomorrow my new server arrives.
How to do clean install and then to add old disks with the data without to lose it?
Can you provide a bullet list?
I do not want to lose my data and have only 2 days for tests... even less.

NAS_warrior

Explorer
Another fun is that after every reboot system return to Night Build... Seems really a config issue.
Can I just move the disks to the new machine and import them with all data there? (I know is possible as I did it few times before. But right now I don't have time to read the documents as will fly in few days and prepare my luggage and so on.)
I will do the config from the scratch on that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.