Plex MKV file transcoding issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lance Eamon

Cadet
Hey guys!

So issue, I have Plex Media Server running as a plugin inside FreeNAS, and while it plays everything else fine, MKVs seem to not work, regardless of file, location, etc. From research, it seems that the reason is that the temp storage space where it trans codes needs the equivalent space + 100MB. Where the issue is, is that from what I can tell, I have hundreds of GBs of space left, and no idea how to expand that particular file. Any help?

Thanks Guys!

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
This sounds like an incompatible media format issue not a FreeNAS issue. I'd ask around at the Plex forums for help with this. Your plex logs will show this if it is and the Plex forums is the place to figure that out.

Lance Eamon

Cadet
Hey guys thanks for the replies!

Anything in /var/log/messages when transcoding?

Uhh sorry a bit new, but how would I go about that? is there someway to get to that through the web GUI or do I need to get into the file system itself?

This sounds like an incompatible media format issue not a FreeNAS issue. I'd ask around at the Plex forums for help with this. Your plex logs will show this if it is and the Plex forums is the place to figure that out.

Hmm well there are some MKV files that I have definetely used prior to this, it just seemed to stop suddenly, so doesn't seem to be an incompatibility from what I can tell. Any ideas? Thanks for all the help, I will go add it to their forums now!

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Mkv is just a container, it's what's inside the container that matters.

Lance Eamon

Cadet
Hmm yeah okay that makes sense, but I have used some of these files already before, its only recently (and suddenly) stopped working. Could it be an issue with the transcoding? Some point out that the possible issue is that the transcoder has run out of space. Could that be it?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
You won't know until you (or someone) looks at the Plex logs. That's best handled on the Plex forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.