Plex Jail Issues

Visseroth

Guru
I'm seeing some plex jail issues related to the mount points and it seems to be related to having a space in the source mount point.
In my case I'm mounting /mnt/Data/Media/TV Shows to /media/tvshows
If I attempt to mount it the jail flat out breaks and I get simular errors to...
PlexBroke.JPG

If I mount any other directory that does not have spaces the problem doesn't seem to occur.
I've now seen this on 2 installations and this problem didn't seem to exist in U2.1, the problem seems to have just started in version U3
I am currently running 11.2U3

Anyone have any idea how to work around this problem?
I've tried surrounding the source with '/mnt/Data/Media/TV Shows' and I've tried /mnt/Data/Media/TV\ Shows
Neither seem to work and usually breaks the jail to the point that it needs to be reinstalled because removing the mount points and trying to start the jail gives me the same error as posted above.

Yorick

Wizard
Two workarounds I can think of:

Call the source TV
Mount /mnt/Data/Media onto /media, then tell Plex where the libraries are in there. That way, your mount points don't have the spaces.

Visseroth

Guru
Yea, I'm going to have to rename it, though this has never been a problem before.
I've thought about doing /mnt/Data/Media to /media and have tried but then I end up not being able to see anything for some reason.....
1554348113291.png

TechTrash Rigs

Dabbler
I just had this problem. I was trying to follow FreeNAS 11.2 - Plex Media Server Plugin, which shows the mount point destination of /iocage/jails/plex/root/Plex Media Server/FreeNAS. It was supposed to be fixed in 11.2-U3, but still did not work. I fixed my problem by using destination of /iocage/jails/plex/root/media. I already had my subfolders named like TV_Shows.

Visseroth

Guru
Well good to know I'm not the only one.
I've been having all kinds of issues. First it was the mount paths not liking spaces, then it was "Server settings are currently unavailable" and metadata NOT refreshing AT ALL! I've tried reloading, fresh install, changing the order of the Agents, I've tried with and without a restore of the database. I've tried all sorts of stuff! Plex is seriously broke! and all following the most recent Plex update.

BTW, for those that start receiving the "Server settings are unavailable" error, the fix is to go to /usr/local/share/plexmediaserver-plexpass/lib (or just plexmediaserver/lib) and mv * ..

The update will break this again, so each update will need this applied.

Anyone have any idea why Metadata isn't refreshing?
I do NOT have IPv6 enabled so that shouldn't be it.

LLeo

Dabbler
Same here. The odd thing for me is this: I didn't notice anything because all of my Plex links function without a problem. I only noticed a problem because I was trying to add a mount point for a new folder. I admit I did have a couple of folders that had spaces but always worked previously. I noticed two folders with spaces. The Freenas mount point screen showed the folders as "Complete\040AD" and "T\040Finals" so somewhere along the line "\040" was added into the spaces of those two folders. I tried to remap them before and after removing the spaces and I get the same Call Error:
[EFAULT] Source: /mnt/FNSRV/Z/ADVideo/Complete\040AD does not exist! Source: /mnt/FNSRV/Z/TVideo/T\040Finals does not exist!

And when I try to delete them, same thing so I can't remap the Plex folders nor add the new one. Here is the entire traceback:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 165, in call_method
result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1141, in call_method
return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1078, in _call
return await self._call_worker(serviceobj, name, *args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1105, in _call_worker
job,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1036, in run_in_proc
return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1021, in run_in_executor
return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Source: /mnt/FNSRV/Z/ADVideo/Complete\040AD does not exist!
Source: /mnt/FNSRV/Z/TVideo/T\040Finals does not exist!

I am running 11.2-U3. Is it worth flipping the page back to U2 to see if it fixes anything?