Plex Chart Version doesn't upgrade

logan023

Cadet
Hello!

I've encountered upgrade error in plex app. It should upgrade chart version from 1.7.60 to 2.0.0, but throws an error:

Code:
 Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 427, in run
    await self.future
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/job.py", line 465, in __run_body
    rv = await self.method(*([self] + args))
         ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema/processor.py", line 177, in nf
    return await func(*args, **kwargs)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/schema/processor.py", line 44, in nf
    res = await f(*args, **kwargs)
          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 115, in upgrade
    await self.upgrade_chart_release(job, release, options)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/upgrade.py", line 299, in upgrade_chart_release
    await self.middleware.call('chart.release.helm_action', release_name, chart_path, config, 'upgrade')
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1399, in call
    return await self._call(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1353, in _call
    return await self.run_in_executor(prepared_call.executor, methodobj, *prepared_call.args)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1251, in run_in_executor
    return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3.11/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/middlewared/plugins/chart_releases_linux/helm.py", line 49, in helm_action
    raise CallError(f'Failed to {tn_action} App: {errmsg}')
middlewared.service_exception.CallError: [EFAULT] Failed to upgrade App: Persistence - Expected <mountPath> to start with a forward slash [/]

Have you seen anything like that?

Regards!

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
[EFAULT] Failed to upgrade App: Persistence - Expected <mountPath> to start with a forward slash [/]
That seems pretty clear to me... although it would beg the question how is the app currently running with it set like that now?

Have you checked your mount locations in the app?

logan023

Cadet
That seems pretty clear to me... although it would beg the question how is the app currently running with it set like that now?

Have you checked your mount locations in the app?
Is something wrong with mount config?

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2024-01-30 102347.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2024-01-30 102347.png
    686.4 KB · Views: 425
I am currently using Plex as I type and it's updated fine before. I updated TrueNAS last night and now I get that error when trying to update Plex.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Is something wrong with mount config?
Yes.

Your screenshot shows that both of your mounts don't have an absolute container path.

You show the mount paths as Media1 and Media2.

Those must be /Media1 and /Media2 if it is going to work...

I have no idea how that has been working so far, but it's clear that the latest version is doing a check which you then fail with that config.

That was the issue for me as well. Mine was just media. I add the forward slash and it updated.
Thanks for your help, confused as to why it worked before though.

logan023

Cadet
Yes.

Your screenshot shows that both of your mounts don't have an absolute container path.

You show the mount paths as Media1 and Media2.

Those must be /Media1 and /Media2 if it is going to work...

I have no idea how that has been working so far, but it's clear that the latest version is doing a check which you then fail with that config.
You were right, thank you! It helped. Strange enough, plex is now working much faster... ;)

sretalla