Please help, I want to intall freenas 8.3 onto HDD without using vmware or vbox,

Status
Not open for further replies.

dzan

Dabbler
Hi,
I've been searching all over but i can't find guide step by step for intall freenas 8.3 directly into HDD without using Vmware or Virtual box

I've try to install onto HDD, but I can't get the IP, it's just 0.0.0.0

can anyone help me
How am i supposed to install it onto the machines hard drive

many thank for all

joeschmuck

Old Man
You need to be a little clearer in the problem. You can install FreeNAS on a hard drive but it will only be a boot drive, no data storage.

As for the IP address, do you get a console screen? There is an option to setup the network. If you have DHCP on your router then the IP address will be set automatically and then you can change it to a static address if you want.

dzan

Dabbler
I've done install to hdd, now i got ip 192.168.1.3 to access the web user interface, but i don't know how can i browser the ip.
i try to open in my LAN, but it can't. i can't ping

I use a pc for install freenas wich have ip at first eth 118.97.193.*** ( that is ip public from internet provider )
second eth is 10.0.0.xx ( for LAN )

now what should i do to try 192.168.1.3 to access the webbrowser. ?
can i change the ip to 10.0.0.xx ?

I realy sorry my english is not good,

joeschmuck

Old Man
We should not be dealing with the WAN (118.97.193.***) at all but maybe that is your setup. You should describe in detail the following and maybe I can help or someone else can jump in as well...

1) Describe how the FreeNAS computer is connected to your network, include all the physical connections. A diagram is helpful if you can insert one. Include all hardware in the answer. (Example: Cable Modem to Router WAN connection. Router LAN connections to main computer, FreeNAS computer, and a printer, fourth LAN port not used.)
2) What operating system is your main computer?
3) List all IP addresses for the LAN (inside your network), not WAN (outside your network)
4) If you have your main computer connected directly to the WAN and only have a single Ethernet port on your main computer, your stuff will be on the internet which is a bad idea.

dzan

Dabbler
finally, i can access with webbrowser using ip 10.0.0.xx ( LAN ),
thanks to mr.joeschmuck.

any idea where can i find complete tutorial for configuration etc,

cyberjock

Inactive Account
The manual is the best guide we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.