Please get the post spam under control!

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0nkey_

MVP
For the last few days there has been a large number of Chinese spam being posted to the forum. It's usually the same account posting the same message multiple times, once that gets banned another account is created by the spammer. Is there no rate limiting for new users?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Agreed. I view the forum by looking at new posts since my last visit. Doing this shows nothing but spam posts and makes the forum all but useless.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It's actually Korean spam that gets thrown into the Chinese section because... reasons?

In any case, some measures have been taken that have reduced the flow of spam in the past few days. Unfortunately, it's always a bit of a game of whack-a-mole if the spammers put some effort into it.

garm

Wizard
Just “ignore” them, it cleans up the resent posts page atleast. But it would be nice if new accounts couldn’t post once a minute for hours until they have interacted with another user?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
It's actually Korean spam that gets thrown into the Chinese section because... reasons?

In any case, some measures have been taken that have reduced the flow of spam in the past few days. Unfortunately, it's always a bit of a game of whack-a-mole if the spammers put some effort into it.

The ones I saw weren't an actual attempt to say anything in Korean. Just like, random words.

It seemed more vandalistic than spammy to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.