phpVirtualBox Jail - Error: "Could not connect to host (http://127.0.0.1:18083/)"

Status
Not open for further replies.

l3eastie

Dabbler
I've just followed the brief and simple instructions in the User Guide here to install and configure a "VirtualBox-4.3.12" template jail in which to host phpVirtualBox.

I can connect to the login screen, but on entering "admin", "admin" am being greeted with an error detailed as follows:

Code:
(
  [message:protected] => Could not connect to host (http://127.0.0.1:18083/)
  [string:Exception:private] => 
  [code:protected] => 64
  [file:protected] => /usr/local/www/phpvirtualbox/lib/ajax.php
  [line:protected] => 128
  [trace:Exception:private] => Array
  (
  )

[previous:Exception:private] => 
)

I'm unable to find any further FreeNAS/BSD-specific pointers on this error and would be very grateful for a quick pointer on the very strightforward error I must have made.

D

dlavigne

Did you connect using the IP address you assigned to that jail and is that address valid and unique on your network?

l3eastie

Dabbler
Did you connect using the IP address you assigned to that jail and is that address valid and unique on your network?
Thanks for the reply.
Yes I did and it is.

I'm having this same issue and am still looking for a solution. I'm also able to access the VirtualBox recovery page after renaming the file, but get the same error after pushing submit. I'll post my results if I find the answer and would love to hear from anyone else who's seen this.

Visseroth

Guru
Waking this post back up as I'm having the same problem with a new setup.

Apatharas

Cadet
Bumping this post as well. Anyone find a solution to this? I'm on 9.10 and create a new jail, assign ip address, I get the log in for virtual box and enter admin/admin and it leads me to this message.

Last edited:

Apatharas

Cadet
FIXED. the vbox directory had the wrong user.

chown -v -R vbox /home/vbox

fixed it for me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.