Permissions Issues

ryancoopster

Cadet
Hi All,

I am having an issue with my FreeNAS server where after changing permissions to WebDAV then back I cannot access any of my data sets. Even after applying permissions recursively and transversely with a new user it still won't let me access the shares. Thoughts?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hi All,

I am having an issue with my FreeNAS server where after changing permissions to WebDAV then back I cannot access any of my data sets. Even after applying permissions recursively and transversely with a new user it still won't let me access the shares. Thoughts?
Can you post output of "getfacl <path>" where path is the path to your share?

ryancoopster

Cadet
Sure, It is not working for any data sets/smb shares(I have one share per data set, 6 data sets). Here are screenshots for the entire pool "mike" and one of the data sets

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 1.51.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 1.51.49 PM.png
    52.2 KB · Views: 174
  • Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 1.51.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-14 at 1.51.42 PM.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 165

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Sure, It is not working for any data sets/smb shares(I have one share per data set, 6 data sets). Here are screenshots for the entire pool "mike" and one of the data sets
Okay. It looks like you ran the command "chmod 770 on /mnt/mike". Unfortunately, there are some prominent how-to guides that give this very bad advice (it prevents anyone who isn't a member of the group "wheel" from being able to access data on the pool). Run the command chmod 775 /mnt/mike.