Permission SMB share after update to 11.3U1

Adjim

Cadet
Hello,

i Upgraded a systems from 11.2U6 to 11.3U1. Simple setup for a few users default settings for most settings. Upgraded the pool to the latest as well.
For one pool i have access, because there the user according to getfacl command is my old "Share user account".

1585495710564.png

As you can see from getfacl command: Movies 2 has the old user from old system, so i can access. Movies has root and therefore access via samba was not possible.
I read then the post https://www.ixsystems.com/community...rade-to-11-3u1-from-11-2u8.83365/#post-576656
where anodos suggested to set: setfacl -m everyone@:rxaRc::allow /mnt/Movies for another user.
This works for me only partially, because i don't get access to all subfolder.
Could you help me for recursiv permission command?

Best
Adjim

DrewN

Dabbler
Are you not getting access to child datasets or subfolders contained within shares?

I wasn’t able to execute the command recursively from the CLI. -R returned invalid argument, -mR returned operation not supported.

When I edited ACL’s from within the UI, it allows to set recursively on all datasets except for the very top level. However, I found that selecting to recurse or recurse and transverse did not affect all child datasets.

I am having the same access issues. I stripped all ACL’s and permissions and redid them all from scratch, on 1 of 4 servers, yet I’m still having access issues.

I also read in another thread, a user set ACL for owner, group, everyone as advanced and selected to allow all options. He then, set ACL’s in Windows.

i also tried this way, and got a little further. However windows shows owner as nobody, whereas on the FreeNAS CLI, it shows my user name as owner. From windows, I cannot set my username, I can only set OWNERS RIGHTS.

even though FreeNAS returns full access for owner, group, everyone, the permissions didn’t reflect that in windows, but partially reflected in MacOS. From one of my UnRAID servers, connected to a SMB share from FreeNAS, it shows r-x for everyone, group, user, even after the changes in permissions.

It doesn’t make a lick of sense to me. Even on a new pool, with new dataset, I begin by setting ACL to full control, and no OS has full control at user, group, or everyone level. I have to redo the permissions in windows.

give it a shot from windows, like i did. So far, it seems to have worked on the few shares I tried it with. Still testing at the moment.

im curious to get some more input. This just doesn’t make any sense. I haven’t had permission issues in quite a long time, and now all of a sudden, the issues are rampant and preventing work that needs to be done.

DrewN

Dabbler
Hello,

i Upgraded a systems from 11.2U6 to 11.3U1. Simple setup for a few users default settings for most settings. Upgraded the pool to the latest as well.
For one pool i have access, because there the user according to getfacl command is my old "Share user account".

View attachment 36987
As you can see from getfacl command: Movies 2 has the old user from old system, so i can access. Movies has root and therefore access via samba was not possible.
I read then the post https://www.ixsystems.com/community...rade-to-11-3u1-from-11-2u8.83365/#post-576656
where anodos suggested to set: setfacl -m everyone@:rxaRc::allow /mnt/Movies for another user.
This works for me only partially, because i don't get access to all subfolder.
Could you help me for recursiv permission command?

Best
Adjim

Oh, and when I run getfacl command, mine returns the same as yours, except it shows me as owner, and everyone matches owner, and group. But, OS dependent, I still can’t write to some directories.

DrewN

Dabbler
Maybe check out this too:

Seems to suggest, after a quick read, that recursive permissions can only be set locally, if you want to do it by CLI. I’m about to give that a try