Serious issue with SMB Share permission

sulfy

Cadet
Deal All i have a serious issue with SMB share permission, i'm not able to access my files after changing permission.
  • i have a dataset "Dataset1" under my pool "Pool1".
  • i have a user "asku" in group "group1"
  • i have created an SMB share with name "Dataset1Share" and set permission owner = "asku" and Group = "group1", set "Full Control" to user, group & everyone
  • i then have added few files to the SMB share "Dataset1Share"
  • Then i decided to deny "everyone" and allow "Full Control" to "user" and "group"
  • now i am able to see the files i have previously added but no access to open
    • i found that there is no user under security tab when i check the security tab to see who is having access to the share (i used a windows 10 machine to see security tab)
    • now i am able to add new files, but unable to access old files that i have previously added.
    • now i fear that i may loose access to my data and looking for someones help fixing this.
    • now i'm not able to open or delete those files (even with "Full Control" access to user "user1" )
  • also please see both screenshot of security tab of old file after removing "Everyone" and another screenshot file added after allowing "Full Control" to user "asku" and "group1" . (the file still showing "Everyone" read access even i have configured only "user" and "group" and removed "everyone")
kindly suggest me a proper way to fix these and also let me know if i am doing anything wrong in this setup , thank you

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 10.12.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 10.12.55 PM.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 10.13.53 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 10.13.53 PM.png
    54.2 KB · Views: 228

Spoon

Dabbler
Try opening the “credential manager” in windows, and remove the login details for your freenas server. Then reconnect to the server and re-enter your username and password

sulfy

Cadet
@Spoon opening with windows is able to manage some of the credentials, but then i have all those inaccessible from nextcloud external storage even i have set www as permission to it