SOLVED Permission Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

brando56894

Wizard
I just re-created my Multimedia pool (went from RAID10 to RAIDZ2) and in the empty pool I created two datasets: TV Shows and Movies. I set the permission of the Multimedia pool (or would that be a dataset also? Still trying to understand this) to 777 and marked make recursive. The problem is that I can't change the permission of Movies and TV from 775 (no write for 'other') to 777, it keeps giving me operation not permitted.

Code:
[root@freenas] /mnt# ls -l /mnt/
drwxrwxrwx  4 guest  samba  4 Jan  8 19:12 Multimedia/

[root@freenas] /mnt# ls -l /mnt/Multimedia
total 17
drwxrwxrwx  4 guest  samba  4 Jan  8 19:12 ./
drwxr-xr-x  6 root  wheel  200 Jan  8 19:06 ../
drwxrwxr-x+  2 guest  samba  2 Jan  8 19:22 Movies/
drwxrwxr-x+ 46 guest  samba  47 Jan  8 19:25 TV Shows/

I'm logged into the webGUI as root, and I even SSH'd into the box as root and tried to do it and get the same operation not permitted error. I had this problem when I initially set things up a few weeks ago when I was testing things out and said screw it and erased the datasets and just created folders.

What gives?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Your are using a window dataset and to change permissions you have to use window or setfacl from the CLI.

brando56894

Wizard
I set the user/group manually, but yes it is a Windows dataset, even if I changed the permission type to Unix later, that doesn't change it?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
the + sign next to the permissions means they have acl's set. If you want to switch it back to unix you need to remove the acl before you can do that. If you look at the help for setfacl there should be a flag to strip acls i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.