Permission keeps getting denied

Status
Not open for further replies.

radmanhs

Cadet
I'm trying to access the Plex Media Server folder in my freenas machine. When I try to access my plexmediaserver jail via shell I get permission denied. I managed to get into the jail directory by adding another smb going to the jail, but in the "Plex Media Server" folder specifically, I can't do any changes. I want to create a "scanners" folder, but windows says I need permission to perform this action. How do I get past this? I'm logged in as root and have everything as allowed read/write on the freenas gui

joeschmuck

Old Man
Just a few things...

1) What version of FreeNAS are you using? (part of our forum rules to provide)
2) Did you install Plex manually into a jail or did you use the Plugin?
3) Describe exactly what you are trying to do, I am very unclear based on what you have described above. Provide the paths and commands you are tying to use. This will help us understand exactly what you are trying to achieve.

Taking a stab at this I think you are trying to provide access directly into a jail via SMB. I'm not sure for what reason. A better way about this is to manually create a new subdirectory off of "/scanners" within the jail (not going through windows) and then adding the shared storage to the plex configuration, the same thing as when you added "/media". The other end of the share would be to a new dataset you could create on your pool called "scanners" for example. Now you can share the dataset via SMB and it would all be okay. I'm assuming I know what you are doing of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.