Permission Issues on specific files

Status
Not open for further replies.

glp

Cadet
This is a weird one. I am getting Access Denied errors when copying some specific files from a Windows server to my FreeNAS box via CIFS. For instance, I have a folder with ~15 fonts. 12 of them copy without issue, 3 throw an access denied error. I can even throw the 12 that worked back onto the NAS a second time and it will let me overwrite the existing ones.

From what I can tell, there is no obvious difference between the files that fail and the ones that don't permissions wise on the source end. It is always the same files, and never happens with newly created files. This is only occurring with a subset of the old data we copied from the file server that this NAS is replacing.

Has anyone ever experienced anything like this, or have any possible solutions I could try? This is happening with FreeNAS 9.1.2.9

Edit: I should mention, these particular files that fail to copy to the FreeNAS box can be copied literally anywhere else. Other local drives, network shares on different servers, etc.

Last edited:

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
If I'm reading this correctly, the issue is with Windows.
Check the properties of the all 15 font files and my guess is
something is different with the ones that you're having trouble with.
Ownership perhaps?

glp

Cadet
I really wish that was the solution, but believe me I have tried absolutely everything permission and ownership wise. The settings are identical on all of the files. I tried setting them on the top level directory and selecting replace permission on all child objects, setting them on the files themselves, deleting ALL permissions and recreating them on the files that fail, etc. It still refuses to work for these particular files (there are around 4400 of them total)

I probably should have mentioned this, but this permissions error is requiring permission from the NAS. Specifcally, the message is "You require permission from FREENAS\NasUser to make changes to this folder."

Status
Not open for further replies.