[NOOB] Some files copy, some don't ... FreeNAS 9.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.E.D

Dabbler
So I just made my self a new file server running FreeNAS 9.3 I have setup the hard drives in what is effectively a raid 5. I setup the user Guest, gave it the permissions for the drive, changed the permissions of the share. Set the CIFS service to use that guest account. So far no issues... until I start copying files over.

I can copy some files without a problem everything works... then out of no where a random file kills it. Well windows does, it says "Access is denied" https://gyazo.com/8b6166880e81ebb6c1af921cad552668 and it won't copy that. I just want to know is this a known issue? Did I screw up unknowingly?

I should include this,

(Specs)
https://gyazo.com/525d3c031f16c77c3f7bc9c889d9e544

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks
Nathan

Last edited:
You have half the required amount of RAM for 9.3, you have technically less then 4Gb of RAM...minimum for 9.3 is 8Gb. It also helps to include the specs in your post rather then a link just an FYI on that, as for the permissions issue, how are you copying them? Are you using windows tool robocopy? Are you dragging and dropping?

You also didnt state what harddrives or how many youre using, psu, motherboard make/model...

L.E.D

Dabbler
Sorry about that, I am new here so I didn't know exactly what information you needed or wanted me to give. As for the memory I know it's not ideal. I was going to upgrade it when I got my pay cheque, I am transferring the files simply through the explorer in Windows 8.1, dragging and dropping.

The CPU is a Intel Celeron G1840
The RAM is G.Skill RipJaws X Series 4GB 1333mhz
The motherboard is an MSI H81M-P33
The hard drives are, Seagate Desktop series, 2TB drives and I have 3 of them running in effectively RAID5 (I don't remember the ZFS name)
The PSU is a Corsair CX430

I think that'd do it for the info, but if you need any more info just let me know, Again I am sorry for not including that before :/

Well i hate to be the barrier of bad news...but your hardware is well, not right for FreeNAS... youre gonna run into alot of issues with that motherboard, the fact it has audio, realtek LAN..you at least got one thing right that it has intel SATA controller....the RAM is neither ECC nor the proper amount, all in all....i cant tell you what is causing your file copy issues..it could be a number of things, or simply a combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.