OwnCloud error message

Status
Not open for further replies.

lyle

Contributor
I guess it's hard to troubleshoot because there are a thousand parameters to set. I spent a couple hours again last night following the link you gave me in meticulous detail with no success. I'm so sad!

NasKar

Guru
Port forwarding, or a VPN connection. The latter is safer.
I have my nextcloud server port forwarded by my pfsense router which also has a VPN setup. Am I correct that the only way to I could share links with "non geeks" is by port forwarding to my nextcloud server from my router? The VPN would only be for me to access it?

If I'm using ssl and get an A+ from ssl labs is there something else that would make it more secure?

danb35

Hall of Famer
If I'm using ssl and get an A+ from ssl labs is there something else that would make it more secure?
Using SSL with a trusted cert is a good start. The open question is how secure the rest of the jail's configuration is--is there something in your Apache/PHP configuration that leaves you vulnerable? Or in the Nextcloud code itself? AFAIK, the Nextcloud code is pretty solid (and it certainly gets plenty of attention), but I honestly don't know what best practices are wrt hardening Apache/PHP.

Status
Not open for further replies.