ownCloud and TLS 1.1/1.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I would hate to lose everything I've put into the existing OwnCloud. Is there a log that may have more details?
that's why I suggested you make a second install first to see if all plugins are broken or just your current instance.

Mathew

Dabbler
that's why I suggested you make a second install first to see if all plugins are broken or just your current instance.

OK. I tried it. It won't start right off the fresh install. No error, nothing in the log, just won't switch on. I jexec'd into the fresh install and ran 'service apache24 onestart' and I'm able to get into the interface from the jail IP. I then copy over the [jailroot]/media/* folder to the new jail, fix the permissions within the jexec shell, attempt to run (within the jexec):

Code:
 root@owncloud_2:/usr/local/www/owncloud # /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/bin/php ./console.php files:scan --all

The posix extensions are required - see http://php.net/manual/en/book.posix.php 

That last command is required to update the OwnCloud sqlite database for the user files I just copied in.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
OK. I tried it. It won't start right off the fresh install. No error, nothing in the log, just won't switch on. I jexec'd into the fresh install and ran 'service apache24 onestart' and I'm able to get into the interface from the jail IP. I then copy over the [jailroot]/media/* folder to the new jail, fix the permissions within the jexec shell, attempt to run (within the jexec):

Code:
 root@owncloud_2:/usr/local/www/owncloud # /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64/bin/php ./console.php files:scan --all

The posix extensions are required - see http://php.net/manual/en/book.posix.php 

That last command is required to update the OwnCloud sqlite database for the user files I just copied in.
Just wondering what happens when you 'service apache24 onestart' in the original instance of owncloud?

As for your error with using php directly, here's what is believe is the problem.
  • When you call php, and it tries to load extensions, they don't know to look in the /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64
  • this isn't an issue when apache calls php because it adds these relative paths
Could you instead just copy those files in through the web interface or through the desktop sync client? That's how I always upload files.

Mathew

Dabbler
Just wondering what happens when you 'service apache24 onestart' in the original instance of owncloud?

As for your error with using php directly, here's what is believe is the problem.
  • When you call php, and it tries to load extensions, they don't know to look in the /usr/pbi/owncloud-amd64
  • this isn't an issue when apache calls php because it adds these relative paths
Could you instead just copy those files in through the web interface or through the desktop sync client? That's how I always upload files.

I can for my user account but I've supplied a number of friends and family with accounts too, so I guess I would have to get all of their passwords and upload their data but first making note of what eached shared link would be and then I'd have to figure out how to force a link to a specific URL. There is over 120GB of data in the /media folder.

Something tells me being able to run that script would be the easier method.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I can for my user account but I've supplied a number of friends and family with accounts too, so I guess I would have to get all of their passwords and upload their data but first making note of what eached shared link would be and then I'd have to figure out how to force a link to a specific URL. There is over 120GB of data in the /media folder.

Something tells me being able to run that script would be the easier method.
Hmm, why doesn't owncloud already know about these files. If you copied over the entire '/media' directory everything should work exactly like before. The sqlite database resides in that folder.

Also, can you answer my previous question about running "service apache24 onestart" in you original owncloud jail?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

Hector Diaz

Cadet
Hmm, why doesn't owncloud already know about these files. If you copied over the entire '/media' directory everything should work exactly like before. The sqlite database resides in that folder.

Also, can you answer my previous question about running "service apache24 onestart" in you original owncloud jail?

Hello Joshua, don't know if you got an answer to this but just wanted to share something with you.
I did a clean install of the owncloud plugin and it did not start as stated by prior posts.
I went into the jail and ran the command you posted "service apache24 onestart" and got the following output:

Performing sanity check on apache24 configuration:
AH00558: httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain
name, using 127.0.0.1. Set the 'ServerName' directive globally to suppress this
Starting apache24.
AH00558: httpd: Could not reliably determine the server's fully qualified domain
The plugin did start and I was able to log into owncloud to complete the installation after.
Don't know if this is helpful for you but thought I would share.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hello Joshua, don't know if you got an answer to this but just wanted to share something with you.
I did a clean install of the owncloud plugin and it did not start as stated by prior posts.
I went into the jail and ran the command you posted "service apache24 onestart" and got the following output:

Performing sanity check on apache24 configuration:
Starting apache24.
The plugin did start and I was able to log into owncloud to complete the installation after.
Don't know if this is helpful for you but thought I would share.
not helpful to me, but glad you have it somewhat working.
it sounds like you are experiencing the bug lots of people are having where the plugin middleware layer isnt communicating properly.

you are going to want to run the below so apache starts whenever the jails is started.
Code:
sysrc 'apache24_enable=YES'

Status
Not open for further replies.