Owncloud access cifs

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrewS

Dabbler
I have owncloud setup inside a jail and have have a directory for my user to access within it. Using jail storage I linked a dataset to this folder. The permissions I have on the folder are my user full, and group www full. I can go into the folder inside owncloud with no files shown and a message shows "Home(Icon)>Folder>You don't have permission to upload or create files here"

How do I fix it so owncloud can access that folder?

DrewS

Dabbler
With the help over at Owncloud forums I did find a way. First in freenas mount the external storage to the jail using add storage inside jail, mount the dataset into /mnt/folder

Inside owncloud as admin, go to apps, find an app called "external storage support" and enable/install it. then from the admin panel under external storage you can set storage to local, name folder, point it to the mnt point, and set user access, and then the files are automaticly populated inside owncloud.

I did notice that I needed to set the permisions on the storage inside freenas the drives and datasets, and I needed to change the permisions to windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.