Owncloud 8 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel

Dabbler
Has anybody successfully installed the Owncloud 8 plugin, on FreeNAS 9.3?
Firstly, the upgrade process didn't complete, so I had to uninstall 7.0.4, and then install 8.
Now I can't access Owncloud from outside of my private network, even though I've added my domain as 'trusted'. Note: I've tried this from iPhone, web browser, and PC client. It looks like there is no valid certificate, for secure access. Shouldn't the installation of the plugin configure this, or is it expected that the certificate is created manually?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If its inaccessible from outside of your private network, but is accessible from inside your network, your problems are not with FreeNAS or owncloud. You have some kind of routing/firewall issue.

Nigel

Dabbler
Hi Cyberjock; Yes, that's what it looks like, but it has been working perfectly for months on Owncloud 7, and no network changes have occurred. In fact, I've just tried a different browser (internet exploder), and it works, when you bypass all of the security warnings, and having to sacrifice my firstborn! So, to me, it is definitely a certificate problem, that didn't exist with 7.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Has anybody successfully installed the Owncloud 8 plugin, on FreeNAS 9.3?
Firstly, the upgrade process didn't complete, so I had to uninstall 7.0.4, and then install 8.
Now I can't access Owncloud from outside of my private network, even though I've added my domain as 'trusted'. Note: I've tried this from iPhone, web browser, and PC client. It looks like there is no valid certificate, for secure access. Shouldn't the installation of the plugin configure this, or is it expected that the certificate is created manually?
there should be a certificate created and SSL should be enabled by default in the OC8 plugin.

check with an port checker website if you are forwarding the port correctly. if so try to access a static object (/robots.text) to see if it's an issue with the trusted network.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Hi Cyberjock; Yes, that's what it looks like, but it has been working perfectly for months on Owncloud 7, and no network changes have occurred. In fact, I've just tried a different browser (internet exploder), and it works, when you bypass all of the security warnings, and having to sacrifice my firstborn! So, to me, it is definitely a certificate problem, that didn't exist with 7.

That doesn't negate the fact that it is a routing/firewall problem. Owncloud 8 might have changed its port or something. If it did, your firewall may have to be fixed. In any case, if it works inside your LAN and not outside your LAN, it is 100% without a doubt a routing/firewall issue.

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
it obviously works if it works with a new browser.
I'm assuming your old browser is expecting and is comfortable with the old self-signed cert but doesn't like the new one. this isn't an issue with the plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.