owncloud-client rejected over Internet but browser and LAN accepted

Status
Not open for further replies.

buechling

Cadet
Hallo,

i use FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201509022158 and installed the plugin owncloud-8.1.1-amd64 - the /media folder is in the jail ( no external disk deccessary ) and belogns to user "www".. ( all tasks were performed in the freenas-webfrontend ). then i created an admin for owncloud and other users.

i use an router with dd-wrt ( cuatomizable linux operating system ). the dhcp-server gives 192.168.1.1 to freenas and 192.168.1.2 to the owncloud jail. on my local network, i can now open the http page "192.168.1.2:443" and can login to owncloud with user + password. i also can use the official owncloud-client and log in on "192.168.1.2:443"

for internet access i forward port 443 to 192.168.1.2 and use a dyndns service. over the internet, i can use a browser to access "https://myname.dyndns.org:443" and can log in to owncloud. but when i try the official client "owncloud-client" ( ubuntu 14.10 64bit ), i can reach the server "https://myname.dyndns.org:443" ( ssl certificate is shown, i click accept ). but my user + password is not accepted ( i see "error: wrong login credemtials" ) see screenshot!

so why can i login over LAN and login over forewarded browser but not over a forewarded client? i use the german version, but my user + password only use standard characters a-z A-Z 0-9. i also tried port 80: also not possible with client.. so this should not be an ssl problem..

Attachments

• owncloud.jpg
    owncloud.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 214

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you should check /media/owncloud.log to see if anything is being logged.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
also, to confirm. are the browser and client on the same machine? I know when I used to use ddwrt I'd need to setup NAT mirroring to access my external services from inside my LAN

buechling

Cadet
thank you for the fast response!
you should check /media/owncloud.log to see if anything is being logged.
hmm, when i use an nonexisting user i see:
{"reqId":"HOHU\/jZBly5fgeJ0OF7h","remoteAddr":"146.*.*.*","app":"core","messa
ge":"Login failed: 'user' (Remote IP: '146.*.*.*)","level":2,"time":"2015-10-
13T21:16:39+00:00"}( IP masked with * )
but when i use the correct login, nothing appears in this file ( but the client says that i can not log in )
also, to confirm. are the browser and client on the same machine? I know when I used to use ddwrt I'd need to setup NAT mirroring to access my external services from inside my LAN
i did not even try to access external address from internal network.. always makes problems!
two machines: the machine in local network can use browser AND client ( over internal ip )
the machine in internet can only use browser.. ( over external ip )

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I suggest you turn on debug logging, on the client side. also that you post this to github or the owncloud forums because it sounds specific to the client.

Status
Not open for further replies.