OT FS: Supermicro 4U FreeNAS system (Dallas, TX area)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tvsjr

Guru
Good day all... hope this is still allowed. I haven't been around these parts in quite a while. If I'm out of line, I'm sure a mod will let me know :cool:

After some changes at home, I'm selling off some of my rack-mount gear. I'm located in the general area of Dallas, TX... I'm hoping to find a local buyer for this stuff, but I will ship for whatever the actual costs are.

First up is my prize FreeNAS system. This is a Supermicro 6047R-E1R36N, 4U, 36-bay (plus 4 internal bay) rack mount system. The system has the X9DRi-LN4F+ motherboard, dual E5-2670s (16 cores/32 threads total @ 2.6GHz), 128GB RAM, Chelsio T520-CR card, and the quiet PWS-1K28P-SQ power supplies. The only thing not included with this is the actual HBA... since that was repurposed into my new FN system, but that's no big deal to replace.
Pix: https://imgur.com/a/YOT5nQ8

I also have:
2x Supermicro 6027R-WRF 2U servers - X9DRi motherboard, 2U, 8 bays, dual E5-2660s (16C/32T @ 2.2GHz), dual power supplies. One has 128GB RAM, one has 88GB RAM (I know, weird number, just what I had laying around). Both also have a PERC H310 controller internally.
Pix: https://imgur.com/a/XVn3KBx

3x Supermicro CSE-815 1U servers - X9SCi-LN4F motherboard, 1U, 4 bays, E3-1270, single power supply. All have 8GB RAM and SAS9210-8i controllers.
Pix: https://imgur.com/a/R9JOtnO

All have trays as pictured (missing one on a 1U). I have a decent supply of screws. Included by not pictured are rack rails for all.

I'm looking for $1,000 for the 4U box, $700 for the 2U boxes, and $300 for the 1U boxes. Prices are negotiable, especially for multiple units. My driving-to-meet-you tolerance also increases the more you buy!

Please PM me, or I'll try to drop by and check the thread from time to time.

Dice

Wizard
I'm curious about your replacement system. Shoot me a PM if that's more appropriate to you :)

tvsjr

Guru
I'm curious about your replacement system. Shoot me a PM if that's more appropriate to you :)
You mean the new box? We repurposed some space so I'm not running rack-mount gear any more, and I directly attached SSD storage to some newer, smaller E3 VMware hosts, so I'm just serving up SMB and NFS now. That substantially dropped the requirements for the box. I'm now running:
i3-7300 with Noctua NH-U9S cooler
32GB ECC RAM (2 DIMMs, I may upgrade to 64 at some point)
X11SSH-LN4F motherboard
Lian Li PC-A75 case
12x10TB drives in two RAIDZ2 vdevs
Seasonic PRIME Ultra 850W power supply
120GB NVMe L2ARC (it was my intention to use this as a boot device, but the X11s make that a real pain in the ass)
2x40GB Intel 320 SSDs for boot mirror
Thermaltake fan controllers
9211-8i HBA

The fan controller is nice as I can control all the case fans myself, rather than letting the board try to figure it out. There are 3x140 fans pushing air across the drives, and 3x120 plus the power supply exhausting it out the back. The drives are running right at 30C, so I'm very happy with that. The fans are all running at 10 volts, so the whole system is very quiet. The HDD seek activity is actually louder than the fans.

There's room in the case, with a little ingenuity, to add another 6-drive vdev. I have the power for it, just need to install a rack to mount the drives and another HBA or an expander.

Status
Not open for further replies.