On Corral, What to do now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raksasas

Dabbler
What to do now?

Sorry I have not been following this as much as I probably should have. I upgraded to Corral a month after it was released. I did not have any problems that the patches didn't fix (that I know of.) What got my attention was there hasn't been any update's for it in a while which got me to looking at this now.

I see that I can't upgrade to 11 by changing the train :( and I am not sure if I may not be able to roll back to 9.10:confused:.

1. I don't think I created any datasets in Corral. Still using the ones I had in 9.10

2. I believe I did upgrade my pool when it asked me to. :confused:

3. I am not using Docker.

4. I don't think I made any major changes

Am I safe to roll back to 9.10? If so, how do I do that? Just change the Train back to 9.10-stable?

Can I go from 9.10 to 11? Is 11 even stable? I do not want to be in the same boat is this Corral thing.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Am I safe to roll back to 9.10?
Yes. Before you do, change the aclmode as detailed by the guide you seem to have read (https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...ng-from-freenas-corral-to-freenas-9-10-11.36/)

Just change the Train back to 9.10-stable?
No, that's not a rollback.
how do I do that?
You go to the boot environments menu and choose a 9.10 environment (the latest you have, preferably).

Can I go from 9.10 to 11?
Yes, of course.
Is 11 even stable?
Mostly. It's in RC.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You need a Unix shell, not the Corral CLI.

Raksasas

Dabbler
You need a Unix shell, not the Corral CLI.
So ssh into it, got it.

I get the following:
cannot set property for 'misfits': 'aclmode' must be one of 'discard | groupmask | passthrough | restricted | discard_chmod'

I tried both of these and get the same return message
Here's how to get rid of it:
zfs set aclmode=desired_aclmode dataset
Where the desired_aclmode is almost certainly going to be restricted, so:
zfs set aclmode=restricted dataset

Code:
[root@nas] /nonexistent# zfs set aclmode=oops misfits
cannot set property for 'misfits': 'aclmode' must be one of 'discard | groupmask | passthrough | restricted | discard_chmod'
[root@nas] /nonexistent# zfs set aclmode=desired_aclmode misfits
[root@nas] /nonexistent# zfs set aclmode=restricted misfits
[root@nas] /nonexistent# zfs set aclmode=oops misfits
[root@nas] /nonexistent#

Last edited by a moderator:

Raksasas

Dabbler
I guess I am not sure what is needed at this step.

I have ran the following but I still have "discard_chmod"
Code:
raksasas@nas:~ % zfs set aclmode=oops misfits
raksasas@nas:~ % sudo zfs set aclmode=restricted misfits
Password:
raksasas@nas:~ % zfs set aclmode=oops misfits

I am taking it as that I am now able to move back to 9.10(?). By running the "restricted" option it makes sure that nothing is using the "discard_chmod" option. Originally I was thinking "discard_chmod" would no longer be listed. Am I correct on this?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I have ran the following but I still have "discard_chmod"
That's normal, it's what the filesystem supports.

There's actually no way to check the current setting. Well, there's always a way, but not something that can be easily accomplished.

Raksasas

Dabbler
I have just booted back into 9.10.2-u2. Everything seemed to work. I am now upgrade to 9.10.2-u3. Is there anything that I need to do to clean out Corral?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You can delete the boot environments once you're sure you don't need the Corral config or anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.