Current hardware:
+2x Xeon E5-2680v4,
+128GB DDR4 ECC,
+ nVidia 650Ti,
+ x99-D8 Motherboard
+ 8x HDD 4TB HGTS,
+ 2x 256GB SSD mirror boot pool.
+ 1x 128GB SSD for Log

Unfortunately, during the last change of the case, I disconnected the slog drive because I was going to remove it from the system anyway. I haven't removed it from POOL before because I thought I already did. It wasn't :eek:.
The drive was formatted for Windows 10. :/ After turn on the server after 4 days, POOL is OFFLINE and shows that the LOG disk has been disconnected. Screen below from shell:

1685565049927.png

1685564659546.png

My question is: Is there a way to fix this without losing data from the rest of the main drives?
The same disk has been reconnected but itwas formated - empty

I tried to replace the missing disk with the "replace" command, but server said: "No such directory"

If I am repeating the topic, I am very sorry :frown:

Best Regards,
Mateusz

Arwen

MVP
Yes, the zpool import manual page says this about that option;
-m Allows a pool to import when there is a missing log device. Recent transactions can be lost because the log device will be discarded.
You may need to import via command line, then use the SLOG remove command and export it. After that, you can import it from the GUI and all should be fine.

If you performed a graceful shutdown, their should be no SLOG transactions lost.

Matti55

Cadet
Hello,

the server was shutdown properly so there should be no temporary files on the SLOG drive.

The solution was to use command "zpool import <pool_name> -m". Now pool show as DEGRADED but online. Now I can operate on the Pool options. I will try to remove SLOG disk.

Thanks Arwen for tip :)

Arwen

MVP
Your welcome.

Come back if you have any further questions.