Official jellyfin not starting

IllSkillz

Dabbler
Im trying to setup jellyfin from a docker hub and not from truenass apps. The reason for it is that I need to use an unique ip for my jellyfin server. Jellyfin is failing to start with an error :
Error: failed to start container "ix-chart": Error response from daemon: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: error running hook #0: error running hook: exit status 1, stdout: , stderr: Auto-detected mode as 'legacy' nvidia-container-cli: initialization error: nvml error: driver not loaded: unknown
It seems that it's trying to load nvidia drivers but there's basically no gpu in the system. Is there a way to disable gpu support in that jellyfin version? Or is there any other workaround?

IllSkillz

Dabbler
Looks like my jellyfin container config is telling it to load Nvidia runtimes
"UTSMode": "",
"UsernsMode": "",
"ShmSize": 67108864,
"Runtime": "nvidia",
is it possible to change Runtime parameter in truenas scale docker? I have tried setting env vars NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES and NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES to 0, I also disabled gpu support in kubernetes settings, that doesn't helped

morganL

Captain Morgan
Administrator
iXsystems
Looks like my jellyfin container config is telling it to load Nvidia runtimes

is it possible to change Runtime parameter in truenas scale docker? I have tried setting env vars NVIDIA_VISIBLE_DEVICES and NVIDIA_DRIVER_CAPABILITIES to 0, I also disabled gpu support in kubernetes settings, that doesn't helped

I found this thread... it seems you had no luck?.

The title should have been "docker Jellyfin not starting" ... would like to know whether the issue still exists in SCALE 23.10

IllSkillz

Dabbler
I switched to a different image by linuxserver.io. I tested official image and it seems to be working now, but now I have gpu in the system so more testing is needed.