NUT Slave functionality broken in FreeNAS 11.2-STABLE

Anaerin

Cadet
I have a linux server set up with NUT to share the current UPS status, which is working just fine in the attached pfSense router. But when I use the GUI to set it up under FreeNAS I get the following error in the syslog:
Code:
Jun 20 21:17:43 freenas root: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/nut: WARNING: /usr/local/etc/nut/ups.conf is not readable.

Checking the folder, it contains:
Code:
[anaerin@freenas /usr/local/etc/nut]$ ls -al
total 14
drwxr-xr-x   2 root  wheel   128 Jun 20 21:17 .
drwxr-xr-x  34 root  wheel  5824 Jun 20 21:17 ..
-r--r-----   1 root  uucp    472 Jun 20 21:17 upsmon.conf
-r--r-----   1 root  uucp    473 Jun 20 21:17 upssched.conf

The settings appear to be all correct, so for some reason the web UI is not generating the correct conf files for NUT.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

D

dlavigne

Is this still an issue for you on 11.2-U5? If so, please create a report at bugs.ixsystems.com and post the issue number here.

seanm

Guru
What version of NUT does your server run? FreeNAS does not have the newest NUT, it has 2.7.3 (see man ups.conf). Perhaps you have a mismatch?

Anaerin

Cadet
This is still an issue on 11.2-U5 (having just updated). Issue https://jira.ixsystems.com/browse/NAS-102308

And the server I'm using is also on version 2.7.3. Though that's not an issue right now as NUT is not starting on FreeNAS thanks to this missing config file. I know the UPS-sharing server is configured and working perfectly, as it's also connected to a pfSense box, which is successfully running in slave mode the same way this one should be.