No ECDSA host key is known for 192.168.xx.yy and you have requested strict checking (running latest scale version).

Louis2

Contributor
I am using the very latest scale version and try to SSH based RSYNC to synchronize between my TrueNas core and my TrueNas scale system. Lots of trouble / things to find out (not at all define it in the gui and it works). But I seems to have managed most of the issues. What is blocking at the moment is:

No ECDSA host key is known for 192.168.xx.yy and you have requested strict checking.
Host key verification failed.
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [Receiver]
rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(228) [Receiver=3.2.3]

I really have now Idea. If you do something like a SSH session 'via a command line' you will probably have an message 'do you trust this host', but since I start the rync via the gui ... it simply does not work

I have no idea how to solve this ... perhaps I have to do things from the command line, however what and that should not be necessary ....

Note that this is a brand new / clean TrueNas scale install.

Louis2

Contributor
I ^solved^ this problem, however RSYNC via SSH is still not working :eek: (stupid(!): no errors in the log / shown) :mad: :mad:

Take care that root has an SSH-keypair and that the public key is in the root user authorization field. It is also possible to allow root to login via the GUI changing that setting in the root user definition and adding a strong password there.

Login as root via SSH (or if you allow that via the GUI)
•root@LION[~/.ssh]# ssh <ip-remote system> -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no
•Warning: Permanently added ‘remote ip' (ECDSA) to the list of known hosts.
•/root/.ssh/known_hosts 1|<abc>/<def>=|<ghi>= ecdsa-sha2-nistp256 <jkl>

Still struck-ling to get Rsync working via SSH ....
There are no errors in the log .... which helps enormously ..... :grin: