Nightly funkiness (11/15/2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gcooper

I noticed that the builds last night failed; I'm poking at the machine to determine why (some random failure building static binaries via gcc).

G

gcooper

It wasn't allowing me to post amd64 images to SF, and there's some funkiness with i386 still (linker errors).

The investigation continues..

G

gcooper

jcapco wrote:Marc has informed me that apparently there has been some missing/old python scripts in nightly builds. We are thinking of scrapping the nightly builds and instead require nightly build/beta testing users to install command client svn and have an update plugin in makehuman menu or just an update shell script. This will reduce a lot of work eg. techsupport, maintenance of the nightly builds and the hardware doing the builds .. etc., make it easier for the future testers/users and reduce the heavy traffic in tuxfamily. It is also probably better to have the binary builds as release and for windows, preferably an msvc release, we can easily add the executable binaries in the svn, its only 3-4 files of binaries really. What do you think joel?

Uhhhhhhhhhhh.... who are you and how are you affiliated with the FreeNAS project :)? Also, where are these magic, undocumented directions (I don't see a makehuman option in the FreeNAS sourcebase)?

Edit: (Spam post referenced above was deleted)

G

gcooper

I am sorry to intrude like this, but can we have a build that actually fix the GUI before you stop posting nightly builds? The benefit of having a public nightly build is you get more people to try the software and report the bugs and flows of the system.

Just my 2 cents.

We should look at this in a separate forum thread. This really was more about status on posting FreeNAS nightly images to SF under the FreeNAS-8-nightly directory.

G

gcooper

I totally understand, but since there was a bug reported and confirmed the fix at a recent build which was never posted, I made my comment as I am affected with the bug.

I am aware I am using a buggy release, I am one of those people who for their personal use always update. :)

No worries.

Also, it appears that /tmp was full. Tonight's run will probably work properly..

Status
Not open for further replies.