Nightlies to Stable "Upgrade" (to 11.2beta1), Iocage issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim1962

Patron
Hi, I've been running 11.1/2 nightlies, but wanted to revert to stable.
I downgraded to 11.1-U1 then upgraded to 11.2beta1 on the stable train. All basically fine (core functionality)

However (and not surprisngly!) my iocage/plugins that I created when I was on the nightlies don't function (says they're running but not ip address accessible ).

Is there a recognised fairly simple way of integrating the iocage / plugins that I can see in the list on 11.2b1 so they resume functioning or am I destined to recreate them now. (no massive issue but if there is a shortcut)

BW Tim

Tim1962

Patron
Not really. (Back to nightlies at the minute...)

Stable version didn't have some of the config so that probably didn't help, two jails started to work for no discernible reason (that they didn't or did!)

I did try
freenas-update via the cli
and also restored config (but seemed to give me beta1 but on the nightlie train...???)

Gave up and back to a seemingly stable nightlies install. Would like to get back to stable at some point though...

norbs

Explorer
I don't understand why they call it "11.2-STABLE" if it only contains stable betas. Shouldn't it be "11.2-BetaStable" or something of the sort?

diskdiddler

Wizard
I guess the intention is to make that the official stable release eventually.

The thing is, they never announced it as NON beta
People had to manually get this, you didn't get an email to upgrade. So people who did this, brought it on themselves.

It wasn't a great move, but so be it - it has been fairly good.

norbs

Explorer
I guess the intention is to make that the official stable release eventually.

The thing is, they never announced it as NON beta
People had to manually get this, you didn't get an email to upgrade. So people who did this, brought it on themselves.

It wasn't a great move, but so be it - it has been fairly good.

Just think there needs a better distinction between beta/non-beta update trains.

Below, FreeNAS-11-STABLE is non-beta but FreeNAS-11.2-STABLE is beta...

I think it's just poor labeling of the update trains.

It just seemed like it was a while since I seen an update and then I saw 11.2 STABLE and assumed that they stopped updating the 11 stable train because 11.2 is was released.

Screen Shot 2018-07-24 at 5.48.28 PM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.