NFS refusing to mount a individual datasets

VulcanRidr

Explorer
I am having an issue between my desktops and my TrueNAS Core host. (I upgraded to 12.0u1.1 last night, but it has been happening for an undetermined amount of time. I was in the process of setting up a plex server when I noticed that my dataset "music" was dismounted from my desktop.

These are the hosts I am working with:

defiant: FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE-p2
valiant: Devuan Linux (beowulf) -- Devuan is Debian minus systemd.
luna: TrueNAS Core 12.0u1.1

I have two datasets on luna that I am dealing with, video and music.

I noticed the problem earlier in the week, where the music dataset would not mount to either defiant or valiant. df says it is:

Code:
luna:/mnt/NX80101/music                    9602374734  199108584 9403266150     2%    /exports/music

however, trying to list the directory results in:

Code:
ls: /exports/music: Identifier removed

It was doing this on both machines. I had enabled ACLs on several datasets on luna, until I was told that ACLs are specifically for NFSv4. So I stripped the ACLs from everything since I am running NFSv3. However, the video dataset also had identical ACLs, but never failed in the way that music did. And now it only seems to be occurring on defiant, the FreeBSD machine.

I also see in my dmesg on defiant:

Code:
newnfs: server 'luna' error: fileid changed. fsid 0:0: expected fileid 0x2, got 0x4. (BROKEN NFS SERVER OR MIDDLEWARE)

Does anyone have any suggestions what the problem may be? I have gone through and compared the settings for the two datasets, as well as the information in sharing, and they all seem to be identical. Should I abandon the music dataset, create a new one, and copy the contents over?

Thanks,
--vr

Last edited: