NFS permissions for iRedMail installation

inasuser

Cadet
Good day, Forum members

I have been trying to get iRedMail installed on an NFS share under TrueNAS Core, with very mixed results. I have settings from native NFS share that have been tried and work just fine
/media/data/iredmail *(rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check)
where the shared folder has the following permissions
drwxrwxr-x 8 nobody nogroup 4.0K Dec 1 03:25 iredmail
I am trying to reproduce this setup under TrueNAS with no luck for now. Without dropping into shell and messing with folder permissions there, I wonder whether there is a way to reproduce first the permissions from the working native NFS and second, to map 1:1 export settings, i.e., rw,sync,no_root_squash,no_subtree_check, again, without dropping into shell and messing with export policies from there.

1701470134216.png

Any help would be appreciated. I do like the TrueNAS and I see the potential in it, especially since it does allow for sharing between different systems (SMB, NFS, etc.) without having cross-OS problems.

Thanks in advance !

inasuser

Cadet
Since I do not seem to be able to edit my post, sorry for a chain - I just checked permissions under shell and the target folder does look correct, i.e., nobody. The question then remains how the other NFS pool aspects can be reproduced.

Code:
    root@truenas[~]# cd /mnt/Pool1
    root@truenas[/mnt/Pool1]# ls -lah
    total 35
    drwxr-xr-x  7 root          wheel      7B Dec  1 13:51 .
    drwxr-xr-x  3 root          wheel    128B Dec  1 09:07 ..
    drwxr-xr-x  8 root          wheel     10B Dec  1 13:48 iocage
    drwxrwxr-x  8 nobody        nobody     8B Dec  1 14:13 iredmail
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root          wheel      3B Dec  1 13:40 share-nfs
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root          wheel      2B Dec  1 09:14 SMB
    root@truenas[/mnt/Pool1]#

I did find this thread as well (https://www.truenas.com/community/threads/nfs-sharing-export-options.68618/), which seems to touch on similar problems but whatever the workaround was used in there, does not work for me.

My data set is set with proper permissions (I think)

1701722532377.png

I am still getting really weird behavior from iRedMail when installed into NFS share hosted under TrueNAS.

inasuser

Cadet
Sounds like nobody has any thoughts on this problem. Oh well, back to NTFS shares under native Linux, not bothering with this system.