NFS is sharing even if disabled

Pheggas

Cadet
Hello. So i set up users, datasets, and now i'm setting up SMB and NFS share. With SMB isn't any problem. But the whole NFS system makes me crazy. I started by heading to Sharing -> NFS -> Add -> selecting path and checking "All dirs" so that all subdirs will be accessible. After creating this NFS share i head into Services and turn on NFS server. Now i wanted to connect to NFS share inside my Windows Server VM through the Veeam's Backup Repository but i can't. It's throwing error "No write access to destination" which is weird as i didn't check "Read Only" in NFS share.

I checked the accessibility by mounting that path with NFS via Ubuntu Server i have (used sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.1.72:/mnt/path/to/folder /mnt/NAS). It worked but i noticed i wrote the folder above selected folder in NFS share inside TrueNAS. I thought how it is possible to access the folder above the selected one in TrueNAS? So i disabled that NFS share but keep NFS server turned on. Guess what, the mounted path still worked and was still accessible. This means i don't need any NFS shares to basically share my whole dataset (and possibly other datasets too)?

Am i missing something or is this a really big security flaw?

TL;DR: Noticed that whole dataset is still accessible after disabling NFS share but keeping NFS server turned on inside TrueNAS.

Volts

Patron
checking "All dirs" so that all subdirs will be accessible

-alldirs doesn't make subdirs "accessible". For NFSv3 it allows subdirs to be mount points - it's similar to creating a share for every single subdirectory.

(It's also implied/unnecessary with NFSv4. Subdirs can always be mounted with NFSv4.)

Noticed that whole dataset is still accessible after disabling NFS share but keeping NFS server turned on inside TrueNAS.

Do those pools have the sharenfs ZFS property set?

From the shell:
cat /etc/zfs/exports
zfs get sharenfs pool/dataset

Pheggas

Cadet
-alldirs doesn't make subdirs "accessible". For NFSv3 it allows subdirs to be mount points - it's similar to creating a share for every single subdirectory.

(It's also implied/unnecessary with NFSv4. Subdirs can always be mounted with NFSv4.)

Do those pools have the sharenfs ZFS property set?

From the shell:
cat /etc/zfs/exports
zfs get sharenfs pool/dataset
I'm really sorry but i already did some tinkering during the day and now i'm fully switched to only SMB (yes, i had SMB and NFS shares to the same dataset which is wrong and i already realised it). After all, i still don't understand why it was accessible. Thank you for responding to my post anyway. I really appreciate it!