NFS export list(s) missing functionality

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterh

Patron
I just discovered that NFS exports is far to simple for corporate use.
In the "sharing/nfs" menu a single field is used to describe
"Authorized network or IP addresses".
There is two problems with this :
1/ not all hosts that may mount a nfs volume might be allowed -maproot=
2/ there is often a need to enter several networks/hosts each with it's own netmask

According to the documentation a "comma separated list" is allowed here, but i don't
even succeed with this. The only possibility to export a filesystem to several nets
is to leave the "Authorized network or IP address" empty, which gives away everyting to everyone.

My wish is :
1/ allow one net/mask per line ( mung to correct /etc/exports behind teh curtains)
2/ make a separate box for -maproot where the user to map root may be expressed per filesystem

regards
peter h

peterh

Patron
Sounds like a good suggestion.
I'm not authorized to submit a ticket however....

correction, i managed to get "ticket rights ..."

peterh

Patron
A very quick "fix" could be 2-fold:
1/ allow one to create a filesystem /mnt/pool/etc where one could store "extended configs" outside of the memory stick,
then create, on a case by case, links so normal commands would acces these files.

For the export problem one could create a normal exports file with all the (endless possibilities) and have
/etc/zfs/exports ( yes it's there, it's not used and empty) be a softlink to said file.
All the gui would need to do is create said softlink and i and my fellow un*x admins could edit out familiar
exports file as we always has.

This could be repeated for other subsystems where extensions of the gui is wanted.
( thinking of swap definitions, another subject i have been questioning)

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.