NFS client problem – how to get to FreeNAS NFS server settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrisBee

Wizard
I’m trying to debug a NFS client problem and my basic understanding of FreeNAS internals it that at system boot the configuration is in essence split between some static settings in /etc/rc.conf and dynamic settings in /etc/rc.conf.local. In the later case, these come from interrogating the FreeNAS internal configuration DB.

In std FreeBSD, you could check the relevant nfs server settings in r.conf, which might be for example:
Code:
rpc_lockd_enable="YES"
rpc_statd_enable="YES"
rpcbind_enable="YES"
nfs_access_cache=0
nfs_server_flags="-r -a -t -n 4"
nfs_server_enable="YES"
mountd_enable="YES"
idmapd_enable="NO"

Obviously, you can check what daemons are running in FreeNAS and sysctl -a | grep string gives the value of “vfs.nfsd.enable_stringtouid“, but what about other settings?

The settings dealing with the NFS server seem to be handled in the _gen_conf() function of the FreeNAS /etc/rc.conf.local script. But when you see lines like these:

Code:
echo "nfsv4_server_enable=\"YES\""
echo "nfsuserd_enable=\"NO\""
echo "nfsuserd_flags=\"-manage-gids\""

where are these values being echoed to, and how can they be displayed?

KrisBee

Wizard
Were you able to resolve your issue?

Didn't find an answer to my question other than I thought the rc.conf defaults meant those echoed messagesI asked were surpressed at boot, but changing the syslog level to "deubg" made no difference.

My NFS problem actually stemmed from a mix up over a user uid/guid and a mis-understanding of the meaning of "NFSv4 with NFSv3 owner model".

Status
Not open for further replies.