Assigning mountd NFS port no longer works the way it used to

Status
Not open for further replies.
In earlier releases of FreeNAS 8, I used to be able to remount the root disk into read-write mode (via
Code:
mount -uw /
command) and then add to the bottom of the /conf/base/etc/rc.local and /etc/rc.local files the following lines in order to have my NFS ports fixed to pre-defined port numbers, as follows:

Code:
# Lab settings
rpc_statd_flags="-p 4000"
rpc_lockd_flags="-p 4001"
mountd_flags="-p 4002"

Then after a reboot of the FreeNAS server, I could run an
Code:
rpcinfo -p
and verify that my NFS daemons were running on my fixed ports. This is needed in my environment because I have firewalls that only let these specific NFS ports through for NFS clients.

Anyways, this no longer works in current releases of FreeNAS 8.3.x. For the most current release, the RPC STATD and LOCKD daemons do take these settings just fine, but the MOUNTD daemon just disregards this setting. I found the only way to adjust the MOUNTD daemon flags is to edit /etc/rc.conf.local and /conf/base/etc/rc.conf.local and go to line 389 in vi and change the line to:

Code:
echo "mountd_flags=\"-p 4002 ${mountdflags}\""

As this appears to be the only way to pass in flags to the MOUNTD daemon now. I know this is all unsupported hackery of the NFS ports and maybe a general settings page is needed to allow users to adjust NFS ports via the GUI, but is there any chance in the interim we can cleanup the rc.conf.local to allow MOUNTD_FLAGS to be read from the rc.conf file again like it used to in prior releases of FreeNAS?

ProtoSD

MVP
I'd suggest creating a feature request ticket at support.freenas.org and ask for it to be added to FreeNAS 9.1. Looking at the FreeNAS 9.1 ALPHA build, it doesn't appear there is any method to add auxiliary parameters to NFS. Now would be a good time to suggest it.

Status
Not open for further replies.