nextcloud

swingping

Cadet
Hello,

I recently started running truenas. I'm very satisfied with it.

My wife and I would also like to share photos from our phones and/or files on the NAS while we are not in our own network.

I have read that nextcloud should be able to do this for us. It must be user-friendly with an app, etc.

I've been messing around with nextcloud for a while now. it is installed but I cannot manage to download an app and then see everything that is on my truenas. Now I also know that everything has to be linked, but I can't do this at all. I don't see the logic of port forwarding, for example, will it work out fine in terms of the app? Or can I only access my NAS via a web browser?

All in all, is there clear instructions somewhere on how to set everything up so that I can connect my truenas to nextcloud and then download an app and access everything?

Let me know

ddaenen1

Patron
Hello,

I recently started running truenas. I'm very satisfied with it.

My wife and I would also like to share photos from our phones and/or files on the NAS while we are not in our own network.

I have read that nextcloud should be able to do this for us. It must be user-friendly with an app, etc.

I've been messing around with nextcloud for a while now. it is installed but I cannot manage to download an app and then see everything that is on my truenas. Now I also know that everything has to be linked, but I can't do this at all. I don't see the logic of port forwarding, for example, will it work out fine in terms of the app? Or can I only access my NAS via a web browser?

All in all, is there clear instructions somewhere on how to set everything up so that I can connect my truenas to nextcloud and then download an app and access everything?

Let me know

I have the setup as you described above. Nextcloud has its own app that you can install on your mobile in order to access your files on the Nextcloud installation on the NAS. However, in order to do that, Nextcloud must be accessible from outside of your LAN, preferably through an FQDN with https which is not something that it does out of the box and in order to set this up, some knowledge of these things is required.