Nextcloud Jail Size keeps growing

Sardaukar

Cadet
Hello Community! This is my first post so please be gentle with me. I'm running TrueNAS 12.0.-U7, and on that I'm running the Nextcloud plugin 23.0.0 I can of course provide more details on hardware if that helps solve my problem.

I've ran into a problem where the size of the jail for the Nextcloud plugin never goes down; it grew so big that it took up all the space on my SSD and stopped working. I wiped Nextcloud out and reinstalled the plugin.

I added external storage as per these instructions:

All seems well, but as an experiment I have added 40gb of data to the external storage, and then deleted it. Watching the truenas pool page I can see the separate drive hosting the external storage goes up 40 gb then drop 40gb as I added then deleted the data, but the Nextcloud Jail has jumped to approximately 50 gb and has not gone down. Am I doomed to watch the jail keep growing until it fills the drive again and is unusable, or is there a solution that I am not aware of?

Any help on this would be much appreciated, and accept my apologizes if this has been brought up on another thread already.

Cheers!

EtienneB

Explorer
Hi,

Did you find any solutions on this?

I did see that my /var/cache/pkg was getting big, like 4GB.
But could remove old packages with:
pkg clean

My jail is around 25Gb, while my all data is mounted to an external dataset.
I guess quite a bit is from snapshots of the jail itself then.
I do see that the /var/db is around 1GB and Nextcloud is hardly used.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Try zfs list -r -t all <poolname>/iocage/jails/<jailname> to check for snapshots taking up space.

sretalla