Nextcloud jail error when downloading files

syncs

Cadet
I only know the basics of freenas so forgive me if I have a hard time understanding.

I am consistently getting the 504 gateway time-out on my Nextcloud jail.

Initially when going to my nextcloud IP address (local), it would take ages to load and I would get the 504 gateway time-out time before it eventually shows up. Sometimes I would get it randomly when going to certain folders. But after awhile my nextcloud has loaded but despite being able to view the files, I have certain issues.

-I get the 504 gateway time-out whenever I download a file even if it's a 1mb file.
-It takes ages to load even a picture on certain files
-It takes ages to go to certain folders
-I tried downloading the 6mb nextcloud manual that's saved on my nextcloud however, and I managed to do so.
-I'm also getting this error on my console on freenas:
WRITE_DMA48. ACB: 35 00 f8 2f 57 40 9e 00 00 00 08 00
CAM status: Command timeout

My freenas
Platform: Generic
Version: FreeNAS-11.3-U2.1
HostName: freenas.local

Please help, all my files are saved on my Nextcloud. It's years of memories and files. I don't want to lose it. Thank you for all your help.

WRITE_DMA48. ACB: 35 00 f8 2f 57 40 9e 00 00 00 08 00
CAM status: Command timeout
That doesn't look good. You may have a disk that is failing. What does zpool status from the Shell reveal?

Detail your hardware setup as well, please. Refer to the section Posting to get a Response in the forum guidelines for what to include.

Please help, all my files are saved on my Nextcloud. It's years of memories and files. I don't want to lose it. Thank you for all your help.

I sincerely hope you have a backup plan in place.

Last edited:

syncs

Cadet
That doesn't look good. You may have a disk that is failing. What does zpool status from the Shell reveal?

Detail your hardware setup as well, please. Refer to the section Posting to get a Response in the forum guidelines for what to include.
Here's the status of my pool
SCRUB
Errors: 0
Date: 9/13/2020, 12:00:00 AM

• Motherboard make and model - I'm not sure about the motherboard make and model. It's just an old motherboard that we have in the house
  • CPU make and model - Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU 3040 @ 1.86GHz
  • RAM quantity
    • 8.0GiB
      total memory installed
      Free: 4.1 GiB
      ZFS Cache: 1.7 GiB
      Services: 2.2 GiB
  • Hard drives, quantity, model numbers, and RAID configuration, including boot drives
    • 1 HDD with 2 pools
  • Hard disk controllers
  • Network cards
Here's the status from the shell.

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    21.9 KB · Views: 172
Scrubs refer to the pool. We need to understand what's happening with the disks. zpool status?

syncs

Cadet
Scrubs refer to the pool. We need to understand what's happening with the disks. zpool status?
sorry but zpool status is what you type in the shell right? that's what i did and i attached the image above. if that's not how to do it, how do you check it?

also update, im able to download some folders now but it takes forever to download them and sometimes it fails. the nextcloud jail gets the error less now too. i still cant download most folders and usually the error happens and i just press back and keep trying again. browsing on nextcloud is also still very slow too.

1 HDD with 2 pools
Have you partitioned the disk before setting up the pools? I'm not sure this is a supported configuration. Anyone else chime in on this? What is the output of glabel status?

syncs

Cadet

I sincerely hope you have a backup plan in place.
i managed to fix it!
this gave me a clue since you said the error means i might have failing disks. i googled the error and some people just changed their wires. i changed my sata wire and now it works. thank you!

Please help, all my files are saved on my Nextcloud. It's years of memories and files. I don't want to lose it. Thank you for all your help
Well, I'm glad you managed to sort out the issue for the moment. I would still be very concerned if I was you. Atm, it appears you're dependent on a single partitioned disk to save a lifetime of memories and files. If that disk were to fail, you will have lost everything and no amount of pleading to forum members is going to help recover the data. The impossible is still out of reach from even the cleverest of our forum members. You need to at least make sure you can get as much of that information back in the event of a catastrophic failure.