Nextcloud ix-chart upgrade over Major versions

The_Joe

Cadet
Hi Guys,

i have a Problem with upgrade nextcloud over major versions. But i'm not fit in docker or k3s

First the base versions:
TrueNAS-SCALE-22.02.4
Nextcloud 25.0.4 Docker 1.6.19 Tiny installation with only 2Gig

I started the Upgrade to 1.6.30 Nextcloud 27.0.0 over the Apps in Truenas Apps Frontend, all work fine. After some hours the nextcloud stay in maintenance mode and i removed it with the occ command and want to update it per web or occ. But after try to update i become the error that i cant upgrade from v25 to v27 "Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported."

Now i want to rollback the version every time i want to roll back the roll back the interface hang up and nothing with the docker work.

Now the big question, how can i upgrade from 25 to 27? Or how can i install v26? Or how can i reinitiate the update in Docker? I think the dockerupgrade will update this major versions but i dont know how to restart it. Is there a way to rescue this docker image?

The_Joe

Cadet
For all who have the same problem i write my way in a short description.
Open the app in truenas and connect to the nextcloud instance
Download the next major version you need (curl {url} --output) nextcloud.tar.bz2 https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/
Extract the version (tar -xjf nextcloud.tar.bz2)

now there are many ways, my way was

copy the config from config/config.php into nextcloud/config/config.php or link it
rename the folder nextcloud/apps/ to nextcloud/apps.orig/
copy/replace the content of /nextcloud/apps.orig/ to the root apps/ make sure also the . files
make sure the owner is ok (chown www-data:www-data * -R)
su <--- why? i dont know but is needet
su -m www-data -c 'php nextcloud/occ upgrade'
Nextcloud should be update your current database
Repeat so long you on the current installed dockerversion. you need to replace also the current version, but on the latest version you can use the webupdater.

I have one error what i cant repair with the dav. So i "uninstall" all apps, i moved the apps old folder away and copy the packageversion in html and rerun the update. After this i reinstalled the app over the frontend. But i have no app who have data, so i cannot say if the data in the app lost.