Upgrade through gui does not work

Hello,

I have not used my next cloud plugin in a while. Since I needed it, I decided to upgrade it through the gui.
I updated the NAS to the latest 11.2-U7, then stoped the plugin and updated it.

When it started, I was presented with a page with a button to update which did not work (complaining of a cross site attack ?) (Sorry I do not have a screen shot). But the page also provided the possibility to run the command in the installation folder :
Code:
./occ upgrade

Which I did. The instruction are not very good, but I eventually figured out that I needed to run
Code:
sudo -u www php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade

Then it runs but spits out the following message :

Code:
root@nextcloud:/ # sudo -u www php /usr/local/www/nextcloud/occ upgrade
The process control (PCNTL) extensions are required in case you want to interrupt long running commands - see http://php.net/manual/en/book.pcntl.php
The current PHP memory limit is below the recommended value of 512MB.
Nextcloud or one of the apps require upgrade - only a limited number of commands are available
You may use your browser or the occ upgrade command to do the upgrade
Set log level to debug
Exception: Updates between multiple major versions and downgrades are unsupported.
Update failed
Maintenance mode is kept active
Reset log level
root@nextcloud:/ #

So, Apparently, my installation was too old ( I have this in my config.php : 'version' => '14.0.1.1',).

So, how can I update my plugin ? without loosing my nextcloud setup ?

Thank you

blanchet

Guru
As a general advice, never use any FreeNAS plugins except for testing, because they barely support updating.
For real workloads, always use your own jail or vm to keep the control.

Last edited:
As as general advice, never use any FreeNAS plugins except for testing, because they barely support updating.
For real workloads, always use your own jail or vm to keep the control.

Ok. Maybe this should be clearly stated in the user guide. But now that I am live and I have user using the system. What should I do. Should I update through nextcloud itself ?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
@Simon Pierre Desrosiers you could try another method that may work. I had to use this method before I started using the Nextcloud package.

cd /usr/local/www/owncloud/updater/ && sudo -u www php updater.phar

If it complains that the required phar package isn't installed you may have to install it for the correct version of php you have installed.