Newly Created Groups Not Appearing in Permissions Options?

indivision

Guru
I post here as a question because I'm not 100% that I haven't missed some setting to make this work.

I am trying to create a new SMB share and set it as belonging to a newly created group. But, any group I create does not appear in the dropdown options. Custom groups that I created before the upgrade to 12 are in the list. But, new ones are not.

Is this a bug? Or, am I missing some flag that allows a group to appear in this list?

ThunderWalt

Cadet
Hey indivision, did you manage to ever get a resolution on this?

I’ve encountered a similar issue and posted it up on the forum yesterday. For me at least, the issue seems to be any new groups created after my 7th existing custom group are not visible.
I can only ever see 7 groups I have made, and if I delete one of the 7, then the next one I created becomes available.

ThunderWalt

Cadet
Does group appear in "getent group" output?
Hi anados, yes, the groups appear in the output
As mentioned above, it seems that the groups are created successfully, and can be seen in the Accounts administration section as well as if you list the groups, such as via getent group

It seems that after 7 groups, you cannot see any more when dealing with permissions or assigning groups when editing ACL permissions for shares. If I delete one of the original 7 groups manually created, then the 8th one appears which previously did not.

dyener

Cadet
I am in the same situation as ThunderWait. All of my groups appear in `getent group`, but only seven custom groups appear in the ACL options (the lowest seven GIDs). Deleting one of these seven groups causes the next-lowest GID subsequently to appear in the ACL drop-down list. Running TrueNAS 12.0-U4.

This is also occuring in TrueNAS Scale with both local users and local groups. The dropdown list appears to not load past 50 list members.

I am currently using TrueNAS-SCALE-21.08-BETA.1, which is stating as up to date.
I am not using the nightly builds, havent tried loading the update file to switch to nightly. Was looking for something slightly more stable and was worried nightly would not be the best choice.

I was able to type the group name into the field and it appears as though the ACL permissions were applied, so it seems like a minor inconvenience that it does not populate.