New user here!

quantum8

Cadet
Hi all!
My synology is on it's last legs so I finally decided to upgrade to a real NAS solution on some cheap(ish) hardware.

I'm aiming to put core on a Proliant microserver gen10+, hope it all goes well after reading through the docs!

Nick2253

Wizard
Welcome!

The Microserver is a great platform for TrueNAS. The only downside is that its a *micro*-server, and doesn't have a ton of space for drives, but given how large HDDs are today, that's usually an easily overcome problem.

Make sure you read through the Terminology and Appreviations Primer. That will help you master all the ZFS-speak that you see in these parts.

Good luck, and welcome to a wonderful tech addiction :cool:

quantum8

Cadet
Thanks! Liking it so far, have gotten it set up easily enough, just have to master ACLs to keep the kids out from deleting what they shouldn't before looking at what else I can do here! Hosting some VMs looks very interesting but I may have to upgrade the CPU and give it some more memory first.
Definitely aware of the limitations but as you said, drives are large enough these days and my storage needs aren't extravagant.