New TrueNAS install. Create 1 new user and SMB share but unable to access from Windows 10

mrteaiot

Dabbler
Sorry, typo:
setfacl -m everyone@:rxaRc::allow /mnt/RAIDZ-40TB
Great Jobs buddy it works. I created 1 new pool from TrueNAS and it has the exactly the correct ACL for everyone access same as your getfacl command. Can you help me with the command to remove the additional group on RAIDZ-40TB dataset? I have the STRIP-12TB pool for newly created to compare. Thanks.

mrteaiot

Dabbler
You should not touch the root dataset of a pool at all. That's why the UI does not allow it. If you insist to shoot yourself in the foot on the commandline, though ...
I understand but the am not able to access all the child dataset thru SMB share, that why I need this fixed. Try to use a pool created from FreeNAS than you will have this issue. I think is the bug on the TrueNAS import pool function. Stressful day for last few week figuring this out.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
I understand but the am not able to access all the child dataset thru SMB share
Sorry, I don't understand. The idea is to create one share per child dataset ...

JoHapp

Dabbler
Sorry, typo:
setfacl -m everyone@:rxaRc::allow /mnt/RAIDZ-40TB
I had a quite similar issue and drove me crazy.
I managed to solve it with that hint. Great and thanks!

(Somehow it was caused after an update and a necessary reimport of pools)

kherr

Explorer
Try making the permissions -recursive- and everything below, or created later, will have permissions ... been there .. done that ... :frown: