(New to networking) Port forwarding TrueNAS server for Minecraft does nothing. Bad IP address?

BuffTofu

Dabbler
Following a tutorial, I used the IP address 10.0.0.130 for my NAS. It works fine for local storage, but I have gotten confused when trying to port forward it (with Xfinity) for my Minecraft server that I run off it. Is there another address that's supposed to exist? I can't have that address uniquely, and when I port forward it, Xfinity says its IP address is 10.0.0.130, but it is not port forwarded, according to a website, and I can't connect to it when on a different network. What am I doing wrong here?
1646964181893.png

Thanks!

The IP and port you want to forward is that of the Minecraft jail, not the Truenas host (130). In the GUI go to jails, and have a look see what your minecraft jail IP is and then use that IP and the port for the minecraft server.

BuffTofu

Dabbler
The IP and port you want to forward is that of the Minecraft jail, not the Truenas host (130). In the GUI go to jails, and have a look see what your minecraft jail IP is and then use that IP and the port for the minecraft server.
Makes sense. But it’s not showing up in the options for port forwarding or as a connected device. Xfinity has a very stupid “easy” system. Have any idea on what to do knowing that?

I would never allow my isp to handle my internal routing, that sounds like a whole can of worms as you enter power user territory, but certainly theres gotta be a how-to somewhere. If not call and ask them. Its as simple as forwarding a port to an IP. All routers handle doing this.