New 'Resources' vs. archived Resources and How-To Guides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glorious1

Guru
I've got a new dual-zone fan control script that I think may be of interest. I see the 'Useful Scripts' section is now under "Archived Sections" along with Resources and How-to-Guides (its parent). 'Archived' seems to suggest that it is no longer active or being added to. A post under Archived Sections directs people to the new 'Resources' tab, not part of the Forum hierarchy.

So I'm confused. Should I add it as a new resource under the new Resources, or under the archived Useful Scripts section? The new Resources section seems to be the province of the elite forum members, and I hesitate to tread there.

m0nkey_

MVP
So I'm confused. Should I add it as a new resource under the new Resources, or under the archived Useful Scripts section? The new Resources section seems to be the province of the elite forum members, and I hesitate to tread there.
You could test the waters in 'Off-topic' if you're not sure. However, if you're confident that you have something people might want then feel free to post in the Resources section.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Feel free to add it directly to the Resources section (assuming you feel your work is ready!). That's what reviews and moderators are for.

You'll find that it works very well for keeping track of updates to your stuff. People can also review Resources and you can have files or external links, instead of plain forum posts.

It does need a bit of work with added categories and such, but it's easier to get buy-in from the admins the fuller the section is.

Status
Not open for further replies.