New internet created some problems (plex and transmission)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sebkar

Dabbler
Hi

In my old home I had freenas with plex and transmission running fairly pain free for maybe two years. But now I have moved into the woods and have a new 4G internet.

The problem:
Plex:

The Plex server is running and is (kind of) functioning. I can access it from my iPhone and playing it on my TV via chromecast works perfect. But... when I want to access the server gui I fail. I enter 192.168.1.x:32400 in firefox which loads plex but it can't find my server, it says "looking for server". See uploaded picture.

I'm a total "noob" but in my eyes this is a bit strange, I would have guessed that it either should work or not, not something in between. It's clear that the jail is up and running but still I can't truly access it.

One other thing... When I see the server on my iPhone it says that the server is "close by" (don't know the direct translation, I have it in Swedish) and has a green lock on it. Can't remember that it said "close by" in my old home.

Transmission:
I can reach the webgui without any problem what so ever, but the torrents "could not connect to tracker". Have tried several trackers and it says the same on all. Tried to ping 8.8.8.8 and that works, don't know if that's any help though.
I have tried downloading the same torrent on my PC and that works fine.
Transmission had openvpn before, but I was told that if/when it doesn't have VPN any more it would continue to work without any hickups (which I know is bad, but you know...)

What I did with freenas after getting new internet:
  • Changed the default gateway (I got a new router, from Apple Airport to an ASUS)
  • Changed IP in jail (from a 10.0.1.x to 192.168.1.x, x of course being a real number)
  • Made said IP static in the router settings
  • Maybe something more that I have forgot
Differences between my last network and my new:
  • Fiber vs 4G
  • New router (ASUS 4G-AC55U)
  • Maybe something else...

My network setup:
The asus router receives internet
My freenas machine is connected via ethernet to the asus router
My airport extreme (bridge mode) is via an ethernet power link connected to the asus router
Everything except said freenas machine is connected to the airport extreme.

Info:
Transmission 2.92
Plex (how do I see the version? But it's not older than a few months)
Freenas 9.10 (latest stable)

I'm at a total loss here. I'm hoping it's something obvious and easily fixed but I'm the kind of guy that couldn't even create a jail without using google (and that was after using google to even find out what a jail is). To make things even worse I haven't done much at all after I installed everything maybe two years ago, so what little I learned is so rusty my mothers car would look sparkling in comparison...

I'm thankful for any help I can get.

Attachments

• plex problem.jpg
    plex problem.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 297
  • plexsettings.jpg
    plexsettings.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 219
  • transmissionsettings.jpg
    transmissionsettings.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 237

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
You'll likely have to change the nameserver address in /etc/resolv.conf in each of your jails to match your new gateway address.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
We *will* get this understood for you sir.

If you please, go to "plex.tv", and sign in with your Plex account. Click "LAUNCH", and see if you can get to your Plex GUI that way. If the answer is yes, then I have a suspicion as to what is wrong.

sebkar

Dabbler
You'll likely have to change the nameserver address in /etc/resolv.conf in each of your jails to match your new gateway address.
Thanks, will try this the first thing after work the day after tomorrow.

We *will* get this understood for you sir.

If you please, go to "plex.tv", and sign in with your Plex account. Click "LAUNCH", and see if you can get to your Plex GUI that way. If the answer is yes, then I have a suspicion as to what is wrong.
I don't have the opportunity to double check right now but I'm somewhat 99 % sure I've tried this with no positive results.

sebkar

Dabbler
Yup, this was all it took. Thank you so much!

One jail (believe it was plex) had the line "search bahnhof.se". Bahnhof being my old ISP. Is that something I should edit as well?
I left it as it was and after testing for two minutes it seems to work just fine, so I guess I don't need to bother?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I'd remove it, but that's just me.

Glad you got it sorted out.

Status
Not open for further replies.