New Intel X520-DA1 Not Recognized

youghta

Cadet
I just purchased a new Intel X520-DA1 ( I think it's a clone) from here:

The reviewers all say that it works with Truenas, and it's one if the recommended cards.

The card is installed, I see lights on the back, but Truenas Scale Bluefin doesn't see it. Ifconfig does not show anything other than the built-in NICs.

Did I get a bad card? Any other thoughts? Thanks in advance. I hope I provided all of the required hardware info in my signature.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
There are many counterfeit "Intel" NICs circulating. If yours didn't come with a YottaMark or BradyID sticker, it's likely counterfeit.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Yeah, that's not even a fake Intel clone, it's a third-party board design that probably has a controller soldered to it that fell off the back of a Super China Happy Sun Logistics truck in the shadiest alley of Shenzhen.

Edit: Don't trust random companies' designs. Intel is good, obviously, Silicom is good (they're a major subcontractor for many of the big OEMs), the big OEMs (Dell, HPE, Supermicro, ...) are generally reliable... And that's about it.

youghta

Cadet
Thanks all for pointing out my naïveté on this subject.:smile: I'll be sending it back and looking for something else.

Last edited: