New BSD blog

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
So far, I am up to four published posts. I have a start on five others, one needing a detail or two before it is published. I hope they are useful to someone and might even provide some new information here and there.

hescominsoon

Patron
i'll add it to my daily reading..:)

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I have added what I term 'Distilled' which are pages with details taken from the posts. The intent of these pages is to concentrate the information down to mostly the essentials. Also, I am about to embark upon using poudriere to port a newer enlightenment desktop UI for use on FreeBSD. What I end up doing after that is successful I am unsure. I do not truly desire to be tied to maintaining a port. I have plenty of free time right now but even with plenty of time I do not have any set schedule of how or what or when I do anything. I tend to be a bit "scattershot" although I am usually at/on my computer. The separate poudriere jail is built, so what I need to do next is probably copy the present enlightenment port directory to a new name, and then begin modifying to suit the newer port. Aside from that, I still need to look at improving the look of the blog and maybe another way of editing the content.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
May I ask you to rethink your choice of theme and colours? Dark violet on black background is unreadable for me.

Thanks!
Patrick

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
May I ask you to rethink your choice of theme and colours? Dark violet on black background is unreadable for me.

Thanks!
Patrick

I definitely intend on much improvement in the theme I hope to design. The violet on black is intended to set it apart as being output of some sort, like manpages or dmesg and such. The blogger theme 'toolbox' is quite limited in that I can only choose font, its size, style, and fore/back colors. Frustratingly each time I create a black #141414 background as slight highlight of some text, I have to recreate it for each and every selection.

Would a brighter violet be better? All the posts and my recent draft are now using a brighter violet on black, or a brighter yet on a slightly brighter black in places. I was inintending to be consistent and simply hoping to pick the same color from the palette of the blogger toolbox. I need to explore creating my own and looking into an editor that will build and run on my box-- openoffice I prefer but my last bunch of attempts usually core before I can even begin. Libreoffice might be decent except that its spreadsheet function fails miserably, and this I have used to keep track of various spam configs here on the forums, as well as to automate some css generation.

Last edited: