Network Configuration Error / Nic driver help

dant123

Cadet
Hi Guys,

So I just finished building my computer today, and loaded up FreeNAS as an OS. The general setup completed and then gave me the error that "The web interface could not be accessed." Entering the configure network interface setup, the menu comes up blank.

I am using a B550-F strix MOB. Upon looking around, I saw that it the error comes up sometimes with incompatible hardware (I have no idea why my hardware would be incompatible.... )

I was going to put run Asus XG-C100C (10Gbit) card on it, so I thought that if I could load that up it could solve my problems. It obviously didn't load up natively, but I did find that their were drivers for it that would make it work. A lot of hours later, way to many forums ([HELP] Asus XG-C100C (10Gbit) card : freenas (reddit.com) ), and youtube videos, I haven't been able to compile to code, and even then I am unsure how I would go about transferring it to the NAS in order to make everything magical again.

Any and all help is appreciated!

Best,
D.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Rather than picking random hardware and praying that you can make FreeNAS work with it, you are much better off picking hardware known to work well with FreeNAS, and then just enjoy it when it works.

FreeNAS is an appliance, and making modifications to the system firmware is discouraged, as it causes divergent behaviour and makes it harder for community members to support you.

You might want to head on over to the 10 Gig Networking Primer which is the best discussion of compatible 10G networking stuff for FreeNAS.

Scootaboi

Cadet
Anyluck with this dant123. I Noobed out and ran into the same problem as you, research my butt off over 12 week before buying parts BUT it looks like the B550-F mobo isn't supported.. getting the same 'The web interface could not be accessed' error as you.. did adding in a network card fix this your end? I don't really want to go back and buy a new mobo / CPU if I can help it.. :confused: