Need to login twice to get GUI working in 11.3

daveegreene01

Dabbler
Hi. Since I've been using 11.3 I have to log in twice to get the GUI fully working. I log in the first time and get in but only the drop down entries on the left menu do anything. If I click on any of the sub menus, I get no response. Also the Dashboard view looks like it did in 11.2, although it says I'm on version 11.3. If I log out and back in again, I get the new Dashboard layout and everything works fine. Any thoughts? Not a huge problem as everything works once I log in twice - just kind of irritating:confused: Has anybody else come across this?

dir_d

Explorer
Sounds like a cache issue, have you tried using chrome incognito then logging in?

Cantrepeat

Dabbler
I have to F5 and login twice to get the GUI to update as well. 11.3 on a FreeNAS mini.

The incognito does work.

daveegreene01

Dabbler
I have now tried the incognito and, yes that works but that is just as irritating to have to change to incognito every time.

daveegreene01

Dabbler
Once I have logged in correctly, I can then log out and back in again with no problem as many times as I like, so long as I don't close the Chrome window.

Once I have logged in correctly, I can then log out and back in again with no problem as many times as I like, so long as I don't close the Chrome window.
Any add-ons that would interfere with loading the site correctly? I'm thinking of script-blockers/loaders (NoScript/Greasmonkey); Ad-Blockers.

Cantrepeat

Dabbler
Any add-ons that would interfere with loading the site correctly? I'm thinking of script-blockers/loaders (NoScript/Greasmonkey); Ad-Blockers.

I didn't think about it but I do believe you were correct. I had ad blocker running in chrome and never thought to shut it off. Setting it not to not run on the freenas IP seems to have fixed it.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Glad I could help! Make sure to mark the thread as SOLVED.

Thank you!

daveegreene01

Dabbler
Update: Having re-booted my Freenas system, this problem seems to have gone away and I log in straight away.