SOLVED Need to change permission to 755 on main dataset (volume)

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyzrush

Cadet
Hi,

I have my main dataset (volume) that was set to Windows and 775 at first. Other dataset were created in this main volume with different permissions. Now from what i understand to chroot i need all folders to be 755.

My problem is I can't change from the GUI back to UNIX or select 755. When i get back to check the changes they are the same.

I tried to chmod my volume in /mnt but I get a denied.

How can we change this without having to delete and redo all?

Freenas 9.10

Thank You

D

dlavigne

My problem is I can't change from the GUI back to UNIX or select 755. When i get back to check the changes they are the same.
I tried to chmod my volume in /mnt but I get a denied.

This is by design so you don't clobber ACLs. You are supposed to change CIFS permissions from a CIFS client (eg Windows system).

Why do you think the volume needs to be set to 755?

yyzrush

Cadet
This is by design so you don't clobber ACLs. You are supposed to change CIFS permissions from a CIFS client (eg Windows system).

Why do you think the volume needs to be set to 755?

Ok but how can you access the main volume in windows and change the permissions? I can do that with any other dataset but did not find a way to access this one.
I have /mnt/volume1/all. All I can change and it's working. volume1 i can't change in windows.

I want volume1 back to UNIX instead of windows.

Why it should be 755 becaus efrom what i read when using chroot it need to be 755 on all folders. So all parents need to be 755. Right now I'm getting errors while connecting SFTP. I did it in the past and remember all folder are 755. So I think my errors are because of that situation.

Thank You

yyzrush

Cadet
I was able to find my problem. When trying to go back to unix in the freenas GUI, I was not putting "inherit" to off in "Edit options" of the dataset. After doing so I was able to change it to unix and changed back to on after.

Now everything is working like I was expected.

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.