Need help removing unused pool name

thalf

Dabbler
Hi,

How do I get rid of unused pool names? I'm on 12.0-STABLE, updated to -U1.

In the web GUI, when I go to Storage -> Pools, I have a "volume3" which is marked OFFLINE.

volume3 was created when I was playing around with creating a new pool for my shiny new 18TB disks. For whatever reason I wanted to dump the pool and create it again, but the "Export/Disconnect" option in the GUI gave me a "no path specified" error so I ssh'd to the NAS and tried to do some stuff on the cli. Looking at root's history, it appears I just ran zpool destroy volume3 without first exporting or doing anything else.

Now any cli command referencing volume3 gives a cannot open 'volume3': no such pool error, so from ZFS's point of view, volume3 is gone. But the TrueNAS GUI has a different opinion.

Using grep I've found that volume3 is mentioned in /data/freenas-v1.db but it feels very unsafe using a SQLite client and trying to do anything with that file since I'm not that good at ZFS or TrueNAS.

And I don't dare create a pool named volume3 using cli commands as I'm not sure what the GUI will think of it, since it still has some volume3 data in the db file.

volume3 would be the preferred name to continue with the same naming convention I've been using the last few years so I'd really like to solve this.